Saw a hawkmo in the wild
ha, kid had no idea what he was getting into. imagine if he’d watched gavin or reed! http://tinyurl.com/2r8ayn
all hail our new corrections overlords: http://tinyurl.com/ywq2vb
hypem.com now reports to last.fm. hot hot hot.
“autonomous, gun-toting robots developed for warfare” <- this was fun to pretend when we were playing legos. but not cool in RL.
FCC Hearing: Comcast Caught Paying People to Fill... →
Comcast paid people to wait on line and fill the room at their FCC hearing, effectively excluding any opponents from attending the hearing. Some of the people that they hired were even caught sleeping! (pic) Hundreds of people that were not paid to show were denied entrance.
canceling Comcast. who to get fast internet from now?
Hey look, mounted police
italian contractor was talkin shit about coffee, so i sent him some Stumptown. now it’s stuck in customs over there :P
true dat: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nitot/2290117290/in/photostream/
where’s the shabu shabu in portland?
fam is out of the house for the weekend. i’m well supplied for a lot of coding + watching soccer.
I found the BEEF - Obama's Senate Record →
What is Obama’s legislative record in the Senate? This might surprise you…
Firefox hits 500,000,000 downloads →
The Mozilla community is celebrating 500 million Firefox downloads by earning 500 million grains of donated rice, enough to feed 25,000 people.
i heard a rumor way long back ago that jello biafra got beat up when he spoke at evergreen…
working out of the old pharmacy cafe. stinkiest bathroom ever.
Snowshoed the shit out of that snow
still pretty excited about the coming ice age
PHP developers must have excellent.
From a recruiter email I got today: PHP WEB DEVELOPER Must have expert level PHP 5 experience Must have excellent XHTML/CSS skills Must have experience with XML and SOAP style interfaces Must have excellent Must have development experience on Debian Linux Must have excellent communication skills Must have excellent layout and design abilities Experience with Adobe Photoshop
ingdirect.com is down. that’s a tad worrisome.
Senior McCain Adviser Refuses To Work Against... →
Earlier today, the Swamp noted that Mark McKinnon, a senior campaign adviser to both President Bush and Sen. John McCain of Arizona, had said some time ago that he could not serve McCain if Sen. Barack Obama became the Democratic presidential nominee.
New Bill To Allow Police Misconduct Be Hidden From... →
A new bill proposed at the legislature would allow for police to withhold misconduct reports from the public. Supporters of the bill believe that police misconduct should be kept secret from the public so to not discredit police testimony. Others say that a forthright police unit is essential to the community.
Clinton plans to go against the popular vote →
Clinton will not concede the race to Obama if he wins a greater number of pledged delegates by the end of the primary season, and will count on the 796 elected officials and party bigwigs to put her over the top, if necessary, said Clinton’s communications director, Howard Wolfson.
Dear Senator Hillary Clinton, Please Step Down.... →
A feminist blogger has asked Hillary to give up the presidential campaign. “I truly believed you would be the best person for the job, and I had this nagging thought in the back of my mind[…] The thought that drove me on Super Tuesday to Vote for Senator Obama instead. Senator Hillary Clinton divides this country.”
…So get out there and mess around with your friends, ramble out yonder and...– Edward Abbey on Outliving the Bastards :: edward abbey, Travel Quotes, Why Go :: Why Go
Mozilla Firefox 3 beta 3 released today! →
New Mac proto theme, better OS integration on Linux and Mac, major speed improvements, memory usage reduction, integrated search of addons, and thousands more changes.”Firefox 3 Beta 3 includes approximately 1300 individual changes from the previous beta…”
First look: Firefox 3 beta 3 polishes rough edges →
Mozilla has officially released the third beta of Firefox 3. Ars takes a close look at the new features and user interface improvements.
InTrade: Obama Has a 70% Chance of Becoming... →
Barack Obama’s chances of winning the Democratic nomination have risen sharply in the last four days, with Intrade on Monday giving him a 70 per cent probability of taking the prize against just 30 per cent for Hillary Clinton. Obama’s chances had previously been rated at substantially below 50 per cent all year.
Obama tshirts lolcat style →
‘im in ur whitehouse, fixin’ ur healthcare’, or ‘i can has whitehouse?’
some xmas presents require explicit instructions: http://flickr.com/photos/autonome/2240074644/
Pelosi to Kucinich: drop impeachment or lose... →
Before Nevada primary, Dennis was visited by representatives of Nancy Pelosi and the American Israel Public Affairs Committee — AIPAC. They told Dennis that if he would drop efforts to impeach Cheney & Bush, they would guarantee his re-election to Congress. He kicked them out, and now faces several well-financed primary challengers.
612 Year Waiting List for New Wind Projects →
If you want to build a wind farm in Minnesota right now, you’re in for a nasty surprise. A 612 year nasty surprise in fact.
Financial Times: Why Democrats must choose Obama →
Hillary is tied to the past. She is the paradigm of business as usual, with the taint of dynastic succession thrown in.
The Future of Firefox: Chris Blizzard speaks at... →
At the Southern California Linux Expo, Chris Blizzard of Mozilla provided insight into the future of the Firefox web browser. Ars attended the event and has all the details.
17yo Obama Supporter Helps 50,000 Others Vote in... →
A 17 year old Obama supporter in Maryland paved the way for herself and 50,000 other teens to vote in the the upcoming Feb 12th primary.
so f’d up: http://talkingpointsmemo.com/archives/177863.php
went for a run. going to throw up now.
At the mooovies
fantastic name: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/3/69A/419
John Resig - Super-Fast Delicious Bookmarklet →
“copy to my calendar” is a huge brick wall in gcal. might as well just call that option “unshare”.
Talk of Imminent War Against Iran Amid... →
Multiple damaged telecommunications cables have cut Iran off from the Internet. The Iran Oil Bourse will be opening at February 11th at the latest with trading denominated in Euros and other currencies, NOT US dollars. This is the beginning of the end of the US dollar as a world reserve currency. Israelis have been told to prepare for war.
yeah, Ignite Portland was pretty damn cool. bummed i missed the first one.
Obama widens lead in CA, takes lead in MO, draws... →
Barack Obama has widened his lead in California since yesterday, and now is ahead 46% to Clintons 40%. He has wiped out her lead in Missouri to take a 47-42 lead, and is dead even with her in New Jersey each with 43%, and has a 17% lead in Georgia. The momentum is certainly with him. MAKE SURE YOU VOTE!